Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, May 28, 2011

POLITICS IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES



Do you know people that say I don't like politics. I avoid it! Whether you like it or not politics is everywhere. Political parties- who do you vote for? Sexual politics- male versus female. Office politics. Club politics. Group politics. City versus country politics. Provincial politics- my province is better than your province!!! Youth versus old age politics. Hospital politics. Family politics. The politics of conversation! University politics. It is important to protect your back by understanding politics. A dictionary definition tells us it is the art and science of government; or an organizational process or principle affecting authority, status. We all could give our own definition and what it means to us. How you tried to avoid politics in your life? Have there been times it has hurt you? Have you ever been caught off guard then enmeshed in political areas of your life? Tell my what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot of the left-leaning parliament. Need I say more?

    I resigned from a good job with the City of Winnipeg because of politics. I hated dealing with civic politicians on a weekly basis.

    Ever wonder why it's 'cival servants' and 'civic politicians'? Maybe, it's because politicians aren't civil? Let alone civilized?

    I guess by now you have no doubt about how I feel about politicians.

    ReplyDelete