Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 6, 2011

A NEW ANNIVERSARY STORY

As Adolph and I celebrate our 40th anniversary this month, I am beginning to reflect on past anniversary stories. I remember another story from our 25th anniversary trip to Rome in 1996. We had been waiting one evening for a bus to take us to a dinner location in Rome- waiting and waiting until we read the sign outlining the bus schedule that the bus had stopped running 45 minutes ago on that route. I think we hailed a cab. The next day we had visited one site then went to another bus stop to go to another location. Waiting for 5 minutes, thinking maybe it was like the night previously, the bus was not running, we decided to walk. Just as we left the bus stop and were heading around the corner the bus came roaring by us. We started to laugh but when I noticed a young man on his scooter looking at the two of us, I started to laugh even harder. He was probably thinking- turista, che pazza! Crazy lady tourist!
Then after all the walking. Adolph said my feet hurt- I think I flattened my arches! Do you have funny travel stories? What makes you laugh?

1 comment:

  1. Travelling the London subway, the train broke down a stop or two before our hotel. A couple of male friends and I decided to walk. Warm day so decided to have a pint at a bar along the way. Walked in and every male in the place looked us over. Realized it was a gay bar and made a hasty retreat. Suddenly weren't too thirsty.

    ReplyDelete