Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, May 13, 2011

FRIDAY THE 13TH

Can bring out the superstitious people. Actually a lot of good things can happen on the 13th. Had a nephew who has a 13th birthday. If you won money on the 13th, it sure would be good luck. Bad luck can happen any day, the same as good luck! What are your special avoidances?Step on a crack, break your mother's back. Don't walk under a ladder- who would want to walk under a ladder anyway! Someone could drop something on your head. A black cat- they really make good pets. Everything happens in 3's- I wish sometimes 4's, 5's, 6's- well you get the picture. We all have some little rituals- I check my lottery tickets on Sunday afternoon. Mostly, if I were to win and had to wait until Monday morning to go to the Lottery office, no sense being excited for too many days. Is it superstitious or just a habit? My husband's Italian group has some interesting ones- don't make wine or tomatoe sauce when the woman is menstruating- will sour the wine or the sauce. Why because she is crabby or what? If you have a back problem, get a woman who is expecting twins to walk over your back! Firstly, it is hard to find a woman who is expecting twins. I know we won the golds in hockey at Salt Lake City because there was a loonie in the ice! Perhaps or was it because the teams were good! Don't care- we won! Do you have any funny superstitions worth mentioning? Do you avoid things due to any superstitions? Tell me-it's okay, nothing bad will happen to you!

1 comment:

  1. A horseshoe hung up inverted, brings good luck. I was so advised when I found an old horse shoe on the Carman property by a farmer friend. I took his advice and for a long time, I was lucky. So, who knows?

    ReplyDelete