Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 18, 2019

TREES AND MORE TREES- THEY ARE IN MY CONSCIOUSNESS

So work on trees have occurred for centuries. As a Canadian I love trees. Natural ones and planted ones and forests and woodlots.

So last night I watched a documentary on " My Passion for Trees" starring Dame Judi Dench. Completed in 2017 but I just saw it now. She has an amazing property in Surrey England. She has planted so many trees over the years. When someone she loves dies, she plants a tree in their honour.

It is funny how life works. To see her film and the concepts presented along with what I learned from Dr. Simard's video.

Is it a sign I have been seeking? I want to advocate for causes in my retirement. So trees is  a good one.

Someone recently wrote if more trees are planted on earth it will be the solution for Climate Change.

Think about it. If every Canadian planted a tree every year for their lifetime, what a difference it would make.

I have planted a few. However, to be honest many trees in my yard were planted by someone else. My Oak tree in the front came the way of a squirrel. My plum tree because my husband threw a plum pit in the garden. My Elm trees because some seed made its way to my property.
How about you? Have you planted many trees in your lifetime already??
#judidench#drsuzannesimare#treesmakeforabetterworld#mypassionfortrees#surreyengland#plantatreeforclimatechange#plantatreeforalovedone#treescansavetheworld#lovethetreesinyourlife

No comments:

Post a Comment