Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 8, 2019

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS- USE PHOTOS TO MAKE THE STORY SOCIAL

Writing the family history stories come alive with photos wherever possible. Maps and memorabilia fill some interesting corners.
Pure genealogy writing with dates are needed. Citing those sources are invaluable.
But long narratives can become too cumbersome to read.
An historical essay sometimes needs that long text.
Thinking about the audience. Who will read your stuff?
Photos break up the narrative with interesting pauses.
So what was I doing today but scanning and scanning some more of many photos to use in the current ancestors. Like my parents, grandparents and me.
My grandchildren will like to see what people looked like. What car they drove? What clothes they wore.
For more distant ancestors it is difficult but using historical references may help that process.
So my stories are coming along.
#photoshelpgenealogy#usingmemorabilia#writethestories#longnarrativesarecumbersome#writeandwritesomemore#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment