Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, July 9, 2019

DOES A BIGGER ENGAGEMENT DIAMOND GUARANTEE A GOOD MARRIAGE?

I read everything. Even the entries on Tweeter. So today a story about a young man buying his woman the best ring he could afford. He was shot down by the store clerk.

It brought memories of the small engagement ring and diamond I received when I was engaged back in the day. Many people commented that it was small and did my sweetheart really love me.

It was what he could afford.

I have seen rocks on fingers that need a crane to hold them.

So does the size of the diamond guarantee a good Marriage? What do you think?

After 48 years of marriage, I do not even think the ring mattered.

The materialistic view on so many things in life.
So after the ring. The size of the wedding.
The bigger house.
The better car.
How beach vacations can be taken every year?

What makes for a lasting marriage? Do things have to do with marriage?
For me no. But I do know many people that the things matter. As long as there are expensive things then the marriage is fine.

Hit a rough spot and well could that marriage could be over.

So not an expensive ring. But some memorable trips. Some fun items bought over time. And family!

But mostly the time spent together. Weathering the storms.

What do you think? Did the size of the ring make the difference in your relationship?
#engagementring#marriageandrings#doesthematerialisticthingsmakethemarriagebetter#whatmakesyourmarriagestrong#howmanythingsdoyouneed#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#loveandmarriage

No comments:

Post a Comment