Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, July 6, 2019

RETIREMENT AFTER ONE YEAR

Not the most exciting experience but not the worst.Still making the transition to this new life.
Joined some activities. On a town committee which uses my skill level.
Not interested in so many volunteer experiences. What to make coffee! Or bring samples to the lab!
I have 43 years of work experiences and knowledge etc.
So have finished some writing projects. Looking at craft projects. Looking at ways to make some extra money.
Pensions are okay but new money is always better.
Time with family and friends has been good.
Yes over a year since my husband's last discharge from hospital so that has been a good joy in our lives. Not to spend time at a bedside is always a good experience.
So I am still standing. But people do drop you from their lives. Even with keeping in touch almost is not enough.
I have some new people in my life which is a good thing.
Reading, writing, family, looking for new opportunities, joining community groups, garden,genealogy, photography, and whatever else comes my way.
#oneyearafterretirement#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#crafts#photography#writing#reading#stillfindingmywayinthisretirementthing

No comments:

Post a Comment