Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 15, 2019

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS- SOCIAL HISTORY INCLUDES HOMES

Including our residences and addresses are an important part of the social history of our genealogy.
thanks to street view and google maps, finding pictures of those homes is so much easier.
My first home as a child was 53 Sunnybrae Cres. in the old Mount Dennis area in Toronto. Where Jane and Weston roads converge then go their separate ways. The Eglinton flats behind the Cres. were still market farms.

The house was two storey with a small kitchen at the back. The driveway was shared with the neighbour.

My next home was in North York. 36 Langside Ave.

I lived there with my family from 1955 to 1962. Beside the house is Pelmo Park Baptist Church. We saw it being built. I attended Sunday School there for my childhood. Up the street from the house on Gary Drive is Pelmo Park Public School where I attended from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
The tree in front of the house was planted by us, I think.

Our family moved to the Richmond Hill area. Actually our house was in Richvale until the area became known as the Town of Richmond Hill.

260 Weldrick Road. Across the street there were farmer fields. We lived there from 1962 to 1976.

May 15, 1971 on my wedding day. You can see the fields across the street from the home on almost an acre of property. It was quite a country setting then.

So including homes and locations enrich our family history stories.
#homeswherewelived#familyhistorystories#mountdennis#northyork#richvale#richmondhill#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment