Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

NANA SAYS IT IS FUN TO REMEMBER SUMMERS PAST

I remember taking my girls to many local attractions yearly. They loved Canada's Wonderland which they could go alone when they were older. A season's pass was an annual purchase! I loved the Toronto Zoo so we would go at least once and even twice some years. The Black Creek Pioneer Village with its horse and wagon ride was fun. Local beaches like Lake Wilcox and the local pool consolidated winter swimming lessons. A few trips to Centre Island in Toronto with their father in tow was a fun day. Ontario Place had several visits from us. If invited, an overnight at a friend's cottage. One summer I took the girls and one friend each to a rental summer townhouse on Lake Simcoe for a week. Adolph came up during the week and Sundays! It was a blast! Another summer-1989- I took the girls west to see the folks in Westbank, BC. They had a fun visit with their cousins as well. With Adolph's busy summer schedule, the day trips were just me and the girls. Of course, when I first started genealogy, many trips to local museums and cemeteries searching for our roots! I would pay the girls a loonie even if they did not find a family name! I enjoyed the day trips but not the fighting in the car and "are we there yet?" What about you? What trips have you done so far? Are there favourite places you visit every year?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the dreaded phrase "are we there yet", usually uttered just as a trip begins and repeated over and over until you arrive at your destination. One or both of my kids would say this every time we headed off to the cottage.

    ReplyDelete