Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 22, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM MY CHILDREN FROM ROME ITALY

Both my girls had opportunities to visit Rome. I love Rome-have been there three times and would visit every year if I could afford it. There is so much to do and see. The atmosphere, the people, the food, the history, the art, the culture but you can keep the traffic!
Natasha went to Rome with her friend Ami the summer of 1995. Adolph's cousin Lillina kept them fed and housed as she always does in her very loving and hospitable way.

Natasha wrote- "Dear Mom, Dad and Sonya, Yo guys, whats up? I know you all miss me more than anything and I kinda miss you too. Anyway, Ami and I love Italy. It's so beauftiful and different, and I think I could get used to it here. I am picking up the language pretty fast but I am too embarrassed to speak it. Oh and Dad you were right, these Italians drive like crazy people. Sonya, you would love the clothes here, they are amazing. Love you Lots, Tasha XO"


In 2001, when Sonya was studying at the Luigi Boconi University in Milan, she visited a friend in Rome in November and sent us this card.
Sonya wrote-" Ciao Family! Nov 6/01 Ciao from Roma!- Roma is beautiful. I guess you all don't need convincing, though I've done a little bit of sight-seeing, but have mainly been enjoying the nightlife thus far. I've gone to see two shows at the Teatro Olympico( The Harlem Gospel Choir and Bolero- a Spanish ballet). Both were amazing. Joe has been a great host. It's nice to catch up with old friends. Tomorrow we will go shopping, and to see more sights. I've already been to the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseo, some ruins and the Spanish Steps. Only 6 weeks left in beautiful Italy. I'll definitely have to come back some day. I love you all very much and miss you tons. Love Son XOXO"



Just having a gelato or caffe in a piazza in the late afternoon is a fun experience. Every little side street has so many picture opportunities. Ciao bella Roma! Arriverderci!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Maybe, someday ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. On July 22, 2012 Mauro Grimaldi commented" Ah sicche Natasha dice che guidiamo come pazzi? Hahahaha...."

    ReplyDelete
  3. On July 22, 2012 Danielle Jean commented- " Yes Barbara, Rome is marvellous! a beautiful experience for your daughters- wishing you a very nice Sunday, cheers."

    ReplyDelete