Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 29, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM A CANADIAN CHIPMUNK AND SQUIRREL

In reviewing my postcards from Ontario, it struck me how many depict the animals of the province. Each area of Canada has a wealth of wildlife that make their way to postcards and other souvenir memorabilia.
In 1963, when my sister, Marilee, had a summer job in her teens in Severn Falls, Ontario, she sent me a postcard with two squirrels that looked like they were talking to each other.
1963 Marilee wrote, " Dear, Barb; Have you spent your J.B. dollar yet? I'll bet you have it framed and upon your wall, eh? I have souvenirs from boys too so don't let them tease you. Someday I'll show you my collection of match boxes and tickets- junk but I still keep them anyway. It's fun. By the end of the summer I'll have loads of stuff to tell you. Not enough room here. As I told Rob, hope to see you next Friday. Write me soon, Lot's of Love, Mare."

Chipmunks and squirrels are in the wild as well as any city street. I have lots of squirrels in my backyard. The local chipmunks seem to be in the public parks nearby.



I wonder if the chipmunk knows how cute he is! Great now I have ideas to include other animals from across Canada.
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Nice memories. I look forward to seeing more of your nature postcards. Although I'm not a fan of squirrels or chipmunks because they can be very destructive around the home, I'd love to see other mammals and birds.

    BTW, thank you very much for sending me a postcard from your recent trip to Kingston!

    ReplyDelete