Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, July 17, 2012

THE WAKE WE LEAVE IN THE WATER!

Do you ever notice the wake left by a passing boat? There's a line of sorts. Little waves or ripples are made that fan out. If you are in a canoe, you really notice as the ride becomes bumpy when that boat passes. Sometimes the waves go crashing to shore. The scenery in the distance diminishes as the boat approaches new shores. Being on a boat on the water forges up many images and thoughts. Sometimes we all are just along for the ride or the captain of the boat steering its course. A little vulnerable as the vastness can make us feel small. If the ride is smooth we feel safe but if a storm were to arise, it would be a longer swim to shore than imagined. Knowing where the life jackets are kept or like my ride beside the life preserver, well just in case. I could enjoy the ride but I am always a little safety conscious! What kind of wake have I left in my boat of life? Did I make it bumpy for those around me? Did I steer a calm course, close to shore keeping others safey in mind? Did I remember to enjoy the ride? I have been on various "boats"- a cruise ship, several ferry boats in various parts of the country, canoes,  rowboats,  motorboats, flotation devices like a rubber tube and a sailboat or two, to name a few! Each one a different experience! Being on the water is so much different than sitting on the shore enjoying the view!

3 comments:

  1. What?! You've never been in a kayak?!

    Here's a related quote for you: “Hope is but the dream of those that wake”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wake we make as we travel this life, made me think how interconnected we all are. All of us on the same lake, our wakes merging, some of us drowning or swamping the other! Some making just a little ripple. Your thoughts have brought a lot of visions to my mind...mostly good!! I will be sure to check out some more of your blog! Thanks Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Friend of Roy. Thanks for visiting. Your insight is quite deep. Love it!

      Delete