Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, July 14, 2012

CRAFT STORES ARE FULL OF POTENTIAL

My recent jaunt to a quilt store in Newmarket inspired me to get back to some small quilt and knitting projects. The store had quilt items, tons of material and a wool area. There was so much to see. I had to contain myself not to buy too much. As a normal crafter, I do have lots of supplies at home.

The selection of fabric covered every colour in great depth. I stuck to fat quarter packages with a selection of 8 different patterns in each packages. The wool section had a good variety from other countries and sources that one would not find in a Walmart or Zellers. Textures and colour combinations were fun to explore. I can use the coloured ones with some plain wool.


The Quilt store in Newmarket Ontario is worth another visit or two in the future. The drive on Leslie Street is a little bit country and little bit city.

What do you think of my buy?
There is something that soothes the soul when products inspire the imagination. What do you see? I see a potential baby blanket or two, scarves, hats and even a winter sweater for me!

2 comments:

  1. On July 15, 2012, Edna Mallet-Park commented- "Oh how I would love to visit that yarn shop, so many different types to choose from. I like your choice and I gather the purple var. is yours, right?? LOL"

    ReplyDelete