Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, June 29, 2022

WHY DO WE SHARE PERSONAL STORIES WITH STRANGERS?

 I learned a long time ago not to talk too much to people I do not know well.

I used to talk to fellow passengers on a plane. Stopped many years ago as I realized I was sharing too much.

So why do we share with a stranger? Like a passenger on a plane.

Probably because we will not see them again.

People in our daily lives will know too much. So we keep information to ourselves.

For me it is because I am a Social Worker. People read something in my face and well tell me their whole life story. 

Even what we talk about such as our interests, our hobbies, our political views.

We can reveal so much about ourselves.

So the best thing is to sleep, read a book or watch the TV screen. Then no concern about sharing too much.

How about you? Do you share a lot with strangers??

#sharinginformationwithstrangers#talkingtoapassengeronaplane#stayingprivate#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment