Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, June 9, 2022

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-USE FACEBOOK GROUPS TO HELP WITH RESEARCH

 Since I am a member of Ontario Genealogical Society since 1988 and now has a new name Ontario Ancestors, I belong to several branches.

Each branch now has a Facebook group. A wonderful place to check, research and assist other family historians.

I had great luck however with a group not from OGS.

Cassino Italian Immigrants- Facebook Group started by an Italian descendant in England. Jay Capaldi. It really encompasses not just Cassino but all the small towns and communities near it in the Lazio region in Italy which is about an hour south of Rome.

Mostly Scottish and English but the Canadian and Australian contingent is growing.

I posted 3 pictures from a wedding 20 years ago with my Mother-in-law and some family from Scotland.

I had forgotten who the people were so asked on the Facebook page.

Matrundola

Lanni

The family names involved.

Well. Two people knew the people and were in the photos.

They sent me long charts of those families. So my husband Adolph's lines went back another 3 generations.

Yay I did not have to do the research. However I still need to trace those names for citation verification.

Much easier than having to find the names myself. And I have two great contacts to dialogue about family.

So advice. Use all sources to research. One never knows what they will uncover.

#matrundola#lanni#dimambro#usingfacebookgroupsforresearch#Cassinoimmigrantgroup#OGS#ontariogenealogcialsociety#OntarioAncestors#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment