Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 12, 2022

NANA SAYS CATHERINE WAS JUDGED AT THE JUBILEE BUT WHAT ABOUT WILLIAM

 I found Prince Louis to be a delightful normal child. At several large events he was like most other 4 year olds having trouble staying still and behvaving. Whatever behaving really is?

Some critics complained about Kate's handling of her son. Okay he is 4.

What no critics did was say where was the Dad?? Where was William? 

Moms have such a high bar. My daughter often speaks of this. Dads have a low bar. If they do anything the praise comes their way. 

Moms on the other hand are always judged, shamed and well try to reach the bar that we keep putting higher.

When my children were little and Adolph was caring for them, if anyone said he was babysitting the children I would always correct them and say no he is parenting them. When Children have two parents, two parents parent. One never babysits. Nanas, aunties, friends, babysitters babysit. But dads never babysit their children. They parent just like the Moms.

Did Kate do a good job with Prince Louie? Who am I to judge!! When I had little children the eyes of the world were not on me! 

What I did see was a Mom with her child doing her Mom things. Good for her for taking him to such a big event. 

When will we stop judging Moms? It is 2022 and Moms really do have a lot on their plates.

#kateandprincelouie#wherewaswilliam#whydowejudgemoms#dadshavesuchalowbar#momshavesuchachigbar#theeyesoftheworldareonkate#noeyeswereonmewhenmychildrenwerelittle#let'sstopjudgingmoms#stopshamingmoms#dadsparenttheydonotbabysit#dadshavealowbarandarerarelyjudged#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment