Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, December 18, 2021

THE HEALING BLANKET-PURPLE AND ORANGE WITH A TOUCH OF GREEN

 A healing blanket is what they called it.

I make hats, scarves and blankets constantly.

I have a stash.

A blanket I had made with purple and orange and a little touch of green was on hand.

My daughter's friend had a family member who endured a long hospitalization needing to go to Rehabilitation for mobility issues. So I gave her a lap blanket/afghan to keep her warm. I am aware how cold patients become from long sitting periods.

I stated the colours of purple and orange are healing colours.

Guess what they named it The Healing Blanket! Sweet!

So I have made two more for future occasions when someone could benefit from a blanket of purple and orange.


I do find when crocheting these projects there is a peace and healing for me as well. Helping others allows one to help oneself.

Do you find making projects for others is therapeutic for you?

#orangeandpurplearehealingcolours#thehealingblanket#makingblanketstokeeppeoplewarm#iknitandcrochetallthetime#lovemakingitemswithmyhands#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment