Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 6, 2021

DOES CHRISTMAS HAS TO BE MAGICAL OR CAN IT JUST BE GOOD

 I remember as a child feeling the magic of Christmas. Maybe believing in Santa helped.

Then growing up Christmas did not feel the same.

When the children arrived, I got to play Santa and some of the magic reappeared.

As Mom and Wife I made the magic happen for everyone else.

Christmas has always been one of my favourite times of the year but it is work and more work.

Maybe coming out of Covid I see magic and Christmas in the same sentence so much lately.

MAGIC

MAGICAL CHRISTMAS

So I ask the question? Does Christmas have to be magical?

For me good is okay. To be with family. Eat good food. Drink good wine.

Watch sappy Christmas movies.

Listen to Christmas music.

See the joy on my little grandchildren's faces when they see Santa.

When someone we love is no longer with us, Christmas can stir up so many feelings and emotions. So feeling okay about it all can be more than enough.

Treasuring all the good memories from past Christmases. Making new memories with this one.

Magical or good! What do you prefer?

#magicofchristmas#agoodchristmas#doeschristmasneedtobemagical#christmasisoworkforthewomen#havingagoodchristmasisgoodenough#enjoyingalltheperksofchristmas#grandchildrenandsantaiswonderful#missinglovedonesatchristmas#lovechristmasmovies#lovechristmasmusic#lovebeingwithfamilyatchristmas#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment