Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 16, 2021

ANOTHER COVID WAVE-MORE ANXIETY OR RESILIENCE?

 I am watching the minimal amount of news today.

I can see numbers on media threads.

I want to reduce my fears, my anxiety about COVID.

I want to be the best I can with family and friends.

So I continue to limit social contacts. I have been for the longest time even though I am triple vaxxed.

I have not been complacent about covid ever.

I understand everyone is tired of it. But we can do it. We can be resilient. We can be with family safely and follow all the rules.

Wear a mask in a car with others. Keep a distance like we have been doing all along. 

And wash those hands and often. 

Get vaccinated.

Phone and texts and yes even letter writing will keep us connected to those we love.



I must admit I do feel anxious about it all. I realize at this stage of the game do not, yes do not want to get sick. I do not, yes do not want my family to get sick.

One significant death in the last year is more than enough. It still hurts. So no more deaths in our family. 

Yes I do not want to die.

As Christmas is a week away I will do whatever I can to have the small family time together. Ours has always been small.

I will find the free test kits at the LCBO when they are available. 

Resilience means doing one's part to protect myself and others.

So if fearful talk to someone about how you feel.

Reach out to socially isolated people you know. If socially isolated connect with others as much as possible.

Maybe we all have become good surfers and will ride out this wave like we have others before it.

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay connected with others. We can do and together. 

#o#covidandfourthwave#beingresilient#beinganxious#ridingoutthewave#stayingsafe#beingthereforothers#knowingwecandoittogether#beingresilientdoesnotmeantherearenofears#idonotwantodiefromcovid#idonotwanttobesickfromcovid#getvaccinated#triplevaccinated#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment