Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, December 15, 2021

NANA SAYS CHRISTMAS MAGIC CAN BE FOUND AROUND CHILDREN

 With all the hoopla and work and shopping and doing for the average woman and sometimes man at Christmas time, it is hard to feel magical.

So as a Nana, what I find myself doing is grabbing some of that child excitement from my grandchildren. Especially the little ones.

They see Christmas with such new eyes. 

Their thrill of seeing Santa and telling him what they want.

Going to a simple Christmas event like the Heritage Centre in Milton and walking and seeing the Christmas lights.

Their wanting to make sure their Nana is okay being by herself.

Sending me pictures in the moment via text warms my heart.

So as an adult the magic can be found in children. 

My donations to the local food bank and toy drives lets me know that a child will have a thrill on Christmas Day. People will have food to eat. Trying to provide not magic but some reality to others.

Meanwhile I will take what my little grandchildren have to offer me anytime to help me embrace the real meaning of the season. Family. Love. Peace. Thinking of others. Being kind.

#magiciswiththechildren#mygrandchilrenbringmemagic#seeingchristmaswithachild'seyes#helpingtomakemagicforothers#beingthereformycommunity#picturesofloveandsupportmeansomuchtoanana#beingthereforothersatchristmasandthroughouttheyear#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment