Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, January 23, 2019

NANA SAYS IT'S MY NAME AND I LIKE IT

No matter what your grandchildren call you, it is so endearing. I was thinking yesterday about the first time my first grandchild called me Nana. To know the child knew my name.
Each culture and religion have their own name on what the grandparents are called. For Adolph and me, Grandpa and Nana. Some women prefer Grandma! My mother was a Nana so I am too. Adolph could be Nonno which is very Italian but he preferred Grandpa. Actually some of his grandchildren call him Poppa!!
Of course grandparents have nicknames of endearment for their grandchildren. Along with their names, they are my pumpkins!!
#nana#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#nicknames#callmenana#poppaanicknameforgrandpa#nanaandgrandpathat'sus





No comments:

Post a Comment