Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, January 6, 2019

IS RISK TAKING WORTH DEATH?

Life happens. Accidents can happen. But skiing in the back country and being killed by an avalanche in BC. Climbing a resort wall in Collingwood and falling to your death. Driving drunk. Taking medication with fentanyl.  Are unnecessary risks worth a life?
Risk taking with a safety net is always a good thing. No we can not live in a bubble. Life involves getting out there and living. But wearing a seat belt. Staying home during a snowstorm. Driving according to conditions. Putting away items in a home to make it safe for a toddler or other children. Salting your driveway. Not going to countries Canada recommends not to visit. The list is endless.  I am tired of seeing grown ups dying for a stupid reason just because they wanted a challenge and some fun.
Yes I have taken risks- many in my life. Yes I challenged myself.
Well I have driven on the 401 during rush hour, haven't I??
#risktaking#whydiefromrisktaking#safetyisagoodthing#takecalculatedrisks#drivingonthe401duringrushhour#lifeneedschallengesbutplayitsafemakesthemdoable

No comments:

Post a Comment