Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, January 16, 2019

NANA SAYS ENJOY WINTER WITH CHILDREN

When I had grandchildren, I rediscovered winter fun. My first grandchild and I would  play in the snow. Make a snowman and snow angels. It is amazing that children really love the snow. So walking to work and home in winter was very doable and rather enjoyable. Even on cold days now I can be out in winter.
Sledding can be fun. Just walking or taking a hike. Check out the hike post on the House of Kerrs website. 
My daughter and family enjoyed a winter walk. It was a favourite for my grandchildren over the Christmas Break.
Letting some winter fresh air into the house is a good thing too. Think about the winter colds and flu bugs. The stale air in your home. So I try every day to keep the door open a little longer than it needs to be. The fresh air is welcome. 
Back to activities. Skiing for some families is huge. Skating outside or on indoor rinks is always a fun Canadian winter sport.
My main winter sport is shoveling the driveway and salting. Good workout for the arms. If only it would snow on a day when the grandchildren are here, it would be even better. Put them to work.
#winterfun#outdooractivities#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#nanasays#trytoletthefreshairinthehome

No comments:

Post a Comment