Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 9, 2013

A POSTCARD FROM THE PETERBOROUGH LIFT LOCK

A visit two years ago to Peterborough is still memorable. The highest hydralic lift lock in the world is always an impressive site.

On the Trent-Severn Waterway in Ontario, it is one of many National Historic sites in Canada. As the summer begins to wind up perhaps travelling and visiting places in this beautiful land is on your agenda.
For the boaters, there are so many lakes, rivers and canals to satisfy your hobby. In Peterborough, boaters experience  being lifted and lowered a distance of 14.9 m.

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. I never even knew this place existed. A very 'uplifting' post.

    ReplyDelete