Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 16, 2013

THE TOP OF THE HILL

While on my regular power walk, at the road to cross to the library there is a hill. I look very carefully to make sure there are no cars but actually can not see far to my left. I really must depend on my hearing and senses there is no one coming. Sometimes I can go and other times I must wait. I can not see over the hill. In life we can not always see over the hill. No matter how careful, there are chances that must be taken. We do not always know what is coming but using our judgement, senses and experience try to make wise decisions. When I proceed with my walk around the library, along Major Mackenzie then back to cross at a higher spot it is easy to determine if cars are coming. It is safer and easier. So should we look for a higher spot to have an advantage? Should we take some chances when we can not see over the hill? There are flat routes with no problem. Should we take those flat routes? Life presents us with different terrain. How we approach it depends, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I'd rather be at the top of the hill than "over the hill".

    ReplyDelete