Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 30, 2013

CANADIAN CHURCHES CAN BE INTERESTING TOO

On a recent trip to Cambridge Ontario for one of our food jaunts to the Farmer's Market there, I took some time to photograph several churches. The Presbyterian church was quite interesting.

I had to cross the bridge across the Grand River to get a view from the front of the church.


Built in 1880, the church had some interesting detail.


The doorway has intricate detail.

The church window made another impression on me.

The front and side of the church from the street give another view. The masonary work is beautiful. Who were the men that helped to erect such a magnificient church in this small community? Perhaps a little history needs to be explored!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your historical review of the building of this fine structure 130 odd years ago. I imagine their are some photos in some archive somewhere.

    ReplyDelete