Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, June 2, 2013

A POSTCARD FROM ROME- LA CHIESA DI S. MARIA DEL POPOLO

During my visits to Rome over the years, Adolph and I have been able to stay at his cousin's place in Rome Piazza Flaminio- which is beside Piazza del Popolo. One of the churches in the piazza is La Chiesa di Santa Maria. One time when visiting I bought these art cards from the Church. Isn't it interesting that many churches have art?

Three of the cards are works by Pinturicchio(1454-1513)- top left-Adorazione del Bambino- The adoration of the child; top right- S. Matteo evangelista-St. Matthew evangelist and bottom right-La sibilla Persica-The Sibylle Persica. The sculpture on the bottom left is by Bernini- Abacue. Italy is full of art and I am sure other churches would yield many masterpieces. Oh Roma- la bella citta!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! The Roman church, despite its faults, sponsored so much art over the centuries.

    ReplyDelete