Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 27, 2012

THAT LULL BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

As the house slowly returns to a different normal, there is a certain quiet that begins to prevail. The lists are gone; the good dishes back in the cupboard; the wrapping paper and tags stored neatly until needed; and the Christmas presents are finding a home. There is always a sense of letdown! It is over! Christmas came with a bang and left with lots of calories, giggles and photos. Time to regroup and work on those winter projects. Over the years I have learnt to use this feeling to reflect, review and reward all that is important in my life! At the end it is the time spent with family that brings the greatest meaning to me. The reconnecting with them as well as friends through cards, phone calls and facebook notes makes it special. Heading back to work today after a small winter storm- not too much damage was done, just some shovelling- puts my life back in perspective! Work and home! Home and work! Not too shabby! Knowing the energy, skill and knowledge take me to new adventures keeps me moving forward! What do you find to be most meaningful in your life? Do you use this time to reflect? Or are you one of many running to those sales? Taking some quiet time to listen to your inner voice can bring some interesting results! Are you listening?

1 comment:

  1. I use this time to recover from a flu bug making its rounds through my family. It started with Josi's kids at Christmas and hit everyone who went to the Christmas brunch in the days following. I'm still very weak but slowly improving.

    ReplyDelete