Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, December 26, 2012

DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS PRESENT?

Each year something special makes it way under my Christmas tree. This year it was the framed picture with my four grandchildren. Their Day Care took an amazing picture of the the four of them- everyone looking at the camera, no silly faces, no eyes shut! Love it! It made me think about other Christmases! The one that came to mind was the year I was 19! Adolph had bought a fuzzy orange pair of slippers. He wanted me to try them on. When I put my foot in one of the them, there was a little box. It was an engagement ring! Of course, my parents were a little dismayed for their youngest daughter to be engaged! Books, clothes and other sudnry tiems over the years brought joy! Well, do you have a special Christmas present worth mentioning or do you enjoy everything you receive?

1 comment:

  1. Every gift I receive is special to me. I especially like the gifts that were hand-made (cookies) or show that the giver knows my likes (a bottle of fine wine) or was something I requested. Photos of the kids and their families are extra special!

    ReplyDelete