Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, December 9, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM JAPAN

Another earthquake in Japan made me think of the people there. So I hunted to determine if I had any postcards from there

The postcard was sent to my parents from their friends Mike and Arleen Furgala.
"Oct 29/81- Hi Dear "Parks", There we go "low-flying" to Kyoto & Nara. Japan is beautiful colours and people but oh, so busy. Enjoying the adventure of "Interline tour". Keep well, Love, Mike and Arleen" The postcard features the Bullet Trains at Tokyo Central Railroad.
Mike was a captain with Air Canada like Dad. He and his wife Arleen were dear friends of the family. They travelled more than my folks. Arleen, unlike Mom, liked to fly!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com so I can send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Neat to see this postcard. Maybe, you should take a trip there, too. Japan is a fascinating place. I've never been there except on the Web. I love their art, culture, and craftsmanship, especially woodworking.

    ReplyDelete