Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

TIME TO DRIVE SOME COUNTRY ROADS

With the colours on the trees providing an array of images, it is time to find those favourite country roads to explore. Driving within one-half hour of my home to the north then a little east or a little west, there are still lots of little woodlots by homes or even Ministry of Natural Resources properties that are interesting to view and even take a photo or two. As the season changes to cooler weather and poorer road conditions, there is the urge to venture on as many little day trips that can be taken in the country. Then it will be back to visits to the city! Country images seem to fill a need in me. Perhaps, since most of us have rural roots  transcending generations, there is a call from my ancestors to rediscover myself. Or my confinement at work makes me want to get out and explore the little corners of my world. Do you ever feel that way? If I can not visit the world, at least I can explore my local places with new eyes and experiences. Travelling the same roads in different seasons does provide those opportunities to link nature with ideas. Do you try to explore the same locales in different seasons? The same ocean or lake or road does give us an opportunity to view with new eyes, do you take time to think and reflect? Do memories come to the surface?

1 comment:

  1. Exploring close places through the seasons is certainly rewarding. Even repeatedly going back to some places daily or weekly can reveal new facets of those places. Recently, by doing the latter at Beaudry, I was able to track and photograph a lovely little chipmunk. I'd been there dozens of times but this was the first time I encountered one of these creatures there. Even around the home, frequent searches can sometimes yield amazing images.

    ReplyDelete