Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, October 13, 2012

HAVE YOU BEEN PHISHED?

Phishing is the new way for others to try to get our information online. An email will arrive looking like it came from a contact sometimes with a correct email address with a link to click then asking for personal information. The smart people just delete it! Our usual contacts always send similar items so if it looks out of character then be suspicious. Recently I was adamantly accused of sending such an email even though I tried to reassure the person- not from me! So if in doubt just delete any email or links that do not appear to be legitimate. Some of the scams are ones for example that look like they are coming from a bank. If you do not have an account with that bank, you know for sure it is a scam email. Remember the ones for years from Nigeria- you have inherited!!! Sure!! Don't you just love the word- phish! I wonder if it will make it into the next edition of the Webster dictionary?

1 comment: