Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, October 26, 2012

CANADA AM- ANOTHER CANADIAN ICON

This popular morning show is celebrating 40 years on the air this week and particularly today when the first show occurred. I remember it! Over the years,I have watched many hosts change, learned about new singers, writers, current studies on various themes and the political and news issues from coast to coast to coast. The show does go on location in various parts of the country periodically to showcase the locales! If I am travelling, it is  a way to keep in touch with my home base. I can also check what the weather is like for other family members in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and New Brunswick. Canadians like to know what the weather is like so we have something to talk about! Unlike other Canadians institutions, for example, The Bay that have been bought by foreigners, Canada AM continues to be Canadian! A guest today will be Burton Cummings- a favourite from Winnipeg! The show is done with some class and some humour! I have it on in the morning while I blog, get dressed and then scurry off to work. I do not sit and watch it but treat the show like a radio where I can listen to what is happening then watch the tidbits I like. So to Bev, Marcie and Jeff- keep up the tradition of a long list of people that made this show a keeper! Do you watch CANADA AM? Do you have favourite moments?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I watch Canada AM but mostly I listen to CBC Manitoba Local Morning Program. When The Current comes on at 8 a.m., I switch to CBC FM for music.

    ReplyDelete