Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SURVIVING A SUPERSTORM

Downgraded from Hurricane status, Sandy still packed a powerful punch to the Eastern region of North America. Friends and families in the American Eastern Seaboard are waking up to a new reality this morning. Surviving a night of howling winds and bending trees here in Ontario, my damage is two sections of my wooden fence needing repairs. After hearing a huge thump at 2 a.m., I checked the house and could not determine what it was! Checked the whole house this morning and still is standing! My little leak in a corner of my basement is nothing compared to the losses many are facing today! Should I count my blessings? You bet! Toronto has some damage and lots of stuff and garbage strewn over city streets despite the warnings to take in anything that could fly around. Take a look at my kitchen and front hall with outdoor stuff needing to be put away! I even cleaned lots of leaves from the street in front of my house as there are two sewer grates that could fill with them and cause potential flooding. In a crisis, if everyone does their part, then the community can come through it with as little damage as possible. The only question- do I take a ride from Adolph to work or grab a good broom because with the wind still howling I could probably fly there?!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you folks are relatively unscathed. Too bad about the fence. I have the same problem. Luckily, I was able to rope mine to a tree and use some wooden stakes to get it upright. Repairs will be made in the spring.

    ReplyDelete