Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM ANTIGUA

In 1964, my folks went on a vacation to Antigua, British West Indies.
I love the old dresses. Postcards give a social picture of a set time.


They stayed at the Blue Waters Hotel. I wonder if it is still there. The card in the middle is of the Anchorage Hotel at Dickinson's Bay. Nelson's Dockyard was the main tourist attraction as seen by the card in the top left corner.

As with many islands in the Caribbean, there is an annual carnival time. The beaches look so pristine, don't they? My mother loved the island and in her usual fashion, she wanted to go live there! No matter where she visited, she always wanted to take us all there! Has anyone been to this beautiful island lately? What are your thoughts?
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. My son went there for a couple of months, on an anthropology short course put on by the U of Calgary, a couple of years ago.

    He got to know it better than the average tourist and seemed to enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete