Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, July 2, 2011

SUMMERTIME AND THE LIVING IS EASY

Is such a wonderful phrase and feeling. People starting to go away, enjoying summer activities and just slowing down. For me, increasing my activity level is usual . On vacation this week and one goal is to power walk with my weights up the hill to the Library every day- 20 minutes, not a big deal. On track, two days, two walks! I see others bike riding, walking, jogging! And of course that low impact exercise- gardening! What will be the summer reading! Newspapers always have so many suggestions. But a good book by the lake, the beach, on the back porch is always a fine summer goal! I have a small pile of unread books- fiction and non-fiction I will attempt to read. It is more difficult to do indoor chores as the outdoors calls me. What do you love about the summer? What are you planning? Do you find the living easy?
For those who have been trying to comment- just put your name in the comment select profile box as I have changed the setting to allow this to happen.

2 comments:

  1. It is great when so many go away in the summer, leaving the city so empty for me to enjoy. Less traffic. Fewer people in the stores. Easier to get a reservation at my favorite restaurants. Living becomes easier. Note: all the above said with tongue in cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara Di MambroJuly 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

    I like less traffic except if I go to visit a tourist attraction then there is more traffic and of course- those tourists!

    ReplyDelete