Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 10, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM THE OKANAGAN

























Since our parents retired to the Okanagan in 1976, many family members have made trips and spent vacations there. They live in Westbank now called West Kelowna. During my trip there in 1989 with the girls, Adolph had to work in his businesses-summer was the busiest time- they were enthralled with the legend of Ogopogo. They were convinced they should see him! The famous lake monster whose legend came from earlier times is supposed to live in the lake. Many people claim they have seen him. Beaches, fruit, outdoor activities abound. Many vineyards throughout the valley make good wines. Visited Mission Hill once doing their wine tour with the folks! On one visit in June 1997 by myself, I sent a postcard to Adolph-" Hi Curly, Enjoying my visit- slower pace- reading, walking, eating etc. I'm taking care of my folks. Bought my Dad- Pesce Vino- wine in a fish bottle. He thought it was cute. We'll go out to dinner for Mom's Birthday. Love you, see you soon- Barb" It was Mom"s 75th birthday.





The Okanagan Lake is a long thin lake with many little communities along it- Kelowna is the larger one, Vernon, Peachland, Summerland, Penticton, Okanagan Falls, Oliver and Osoyoos- which is famous as it is very dry like a desert community!The mountains are a low range similar to the area around my husband's hometown of Cassino. The people are hospitable and cater to the tourists! Have you been to the Okanagan? Do you like the area? Do you believe in the legend of Ogopogo? Hey, wait I hear a splash in the water! Do you think it could be him?




If you would like your postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address.

1 comment:

  1. The Okanogan is a very special place in Canada. Lots of memories of many, many visits there, as a teenager and as an adult. And, although I've toured through most of it, I feel like I've only scratched the surface. Every time you catch a glimpse of the lake, after having been away for awhile, you get this unusual thrill.

    ReplyDelete