Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 28, 2011

RISK TAKING HAPPENS EVERYWHERE

Sometimes the younger generation looks at their parents or other adults in their lives thinking "they are so boring and set in their ways!" Don't take any risks! Bungee jumping is not a big risk taker for me- it is just something I would never do. Does getting married while still in university with no money but student loans count? First four years of my marriage, I was at school. Paid off the loans and proceeded to save for the house. Then when the second child was born, Adolph bought into a business- from two incomes to an income and  a quarter plus the business loan. Two children, house, job and helping in the businesses- risk- you better believe it. The average commuter driving in rush hour traffic takes a risk everyday. Travelling to a foreign country- well it is a risk! To me going into avalanche country is actually life threatening! There are many things I do not want to do. Not because I am afraid, it is just I feel I have taken many risks in my life. Going for a new job is a risk for many people. Dare devil risks are insensitive to the people in your life! Stating your opinion while no one agrees with you is a huge risk. Would you swim across a lake without a spotter in a boat beside you? Risk can come with safety features. Backup plans! Change can occur at any time so it may be necessary to take a risk to keep going. To face the change. To face grief. To face a new diagnosis. Are you a risk taker? Have you had enough risk taking in your life? Do you crave for some stability? Tell me your stories. You can comment!

1 comment:

  1. ... the turtle only makes progress when it sticks its neck out ...

    ReplyDelete