Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, July 24, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM NIAGARA FALLS

Niagara Falls, Ontario is a dream location to visit for so many people in the world. For those of us who live near the Falls, it is a must for any visitor to the province.





My first visit was a class trip when I was in Grade 8. My mother had a brother who was killed in car accident near the Falls so would not take us there. I have visited several times over the years during all seasons . A summer trip can encompass a day at Marineland. The Floral Clock is another tourist favourite. Don't forget the Cassino!! A drive along the escarpment is quite picturesque. Near The Falls are several wineries that make for a fun time especially if there is a designated driver so wine tasting can occur. I have bought many postcards over the years from Niagara Falls but have never received one- sent some to people in other parts of the world though. Last time, January 2010, Adolph and I stayed at a hotel on the 33rd floor overlooking The Falls during a special birthday weekend. Winter sure changed the look of the area! For many if an expensive trip to Europe or South is not affordable, many people will go to Niagara for a quick getaway. Have you been to Niagara Falls? Do you have a special memory?

If you want your postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my addresss.

1 comment:

  1. The brother was my Uncle Roy. He was a painter by trade. Once saw some of his stationery.

    Consider sending yourself a postcard from somewhere no-one sends one to you!

    ReplyDelete