Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, July 29, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM LONDON ENGLAND

I had the fortune in my youth to visit London three times. But others I have known have been there too.
It is an amazing city especially with the recent Royal Wedding. The shopping,the people and now with the Summer Olympics only a year away what time to reflect on such a wonderful International city.
Family friends visited in the 60"s- " Dear May & Ellie-Arrived. Ok weather, really nice so far. We've done a lot of walking and Garry is already pooped. We leave in a day or so to the south coast and Wales by car- for which Garry is grateful. The family were really shocked at the size of the kids but they are fine. They meet the rest of them tomorrow probably a whing ding. See you soon. Amy, Jack & kids" July 18, 1963.

My first trip ever outside Canada was to England in 1967. I wrote a card to my boyfriend Adolph.
"Hi Love, Thought I'ld send you a card since my letters are so dull. I miss you. Bye now. Love, Barb"

My friend Denise went to England in 1980- "Dear Barbara & Adolph- Over here for 2 weeks- going to Stonehenge today-travelled down from Scotland yesterday and off to London tomorrow for a couple of days then home. Cheers! Denise"

My daughter Sonya and husband Andrew went on an European trip in 2007. Their first stop was London. " Hi Mom & Dad! We're in our 2nd day here in London and loving it! Spent a full day sightseeing today- Big Ben, Buckingham, Picadilly Circus, Tower of London & St. Paul's Cathedral. Had a nice dinner in a ritzy part of town tonight. One more full day here, then off to Italia! Love you very much Sonya & Andrew XOXO"
Well London and England has been a special location for many in my life. Have you been to London? Isn't it a fabulous place. Like they say London swings! Do you love London?
If you want your postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com, I will send you my address so you can send me your postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Been there a couple of times and would love to go back. I've visited some of the main tourist attractions. So much to see and do there.

    ReplyDelete