Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, January 12, 2022

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-JANUARY IS A MONTH TO CONTINUE GENEALOGY PURSUITS

 Having organized my computer work area, I am now ready to continue to pursue genealogical research and writing.

Working on Adolph's story with pictures and documentation has taken longer than anticipated the last few months.

I have Lanni and Matrundola lines- Concetta Matrundola-Di Mambro- Adolph's Mom- to put on pedigree charts to make it easier for my children and grandchildren to learn.

Collecting and organizing pictures into family histories has been a good chore over the last few months.

So one picture scanned can be put into many family stories. 

The further back one goes the fewer pictures and documentation. The more recent stories include so many. The decision what to include and what not to include.

For example for Adolph, I included a collage of family pictures from the 40th anniversary album I compiled for the girls. I also put it in my story.



An example of the four of us. It will be important to put the dates like the years attached to the pages.

What is useful about this collage is the fact it has been used in more than one location. 

Doing work once that can be used over and over in other projects as they arise so to speak.

When I look at the scant photos of older generations I realize how lucky we are to have the opportunity to record so much of our lives in photos, videos, and other social media.

What to do next? Upload the 40th anniversary album and put on Evernote.

I love researching on Family Search and Find my Past.

There are several webinars coming up this month, February and March. Looking at the handouts of previous webinars has given me ideas of what to search in those mentioned search engines. 

Rather than just inserting a name to look at journals, databases of areas where our ancestors lived. I have found interesting tidbits of information.

Some of the social tidbits will be included in stories I am writing on my family lines. Little useful insights into their lives.

Winter downtime from outdoor work other than shoveling snow has always been a great opportunity to record, write, research and connect with others who are searching.

Hopefully more stories to come on Barb's Genealogy Tidbits.

#barb'sgenealogytidbits#familycollage#usingthe40thanniversaryalbumcollagepages#workingongenealogyinJanuary#tidiedtheworkareasocanworkonprojects#usingworkdoneonceoverandover#Lannifamilyline#Matrundolafamilylines#DiMambrofamilylines#adolph'story#barb'sstory#workingonfamilystories#familysearch#findmypast#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment