Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 10, 2013

"FAMILIES ARE LIKE FUDGE

...mostly sweet with a few nuts."Anonymous quote. I found this in an old calendar on sisters. I thought it appropriate to describe many families. After a conversation with my favourite manager at Shoppers yesterday where discussion around family and siblings occurred, this quotation seemed timely. Every family has its issues and sometimes disconnection from toxic members helps with personal survival. If a family is postive then good things do happen. Often a new in-law can be the problem. It happened in my husband's family. Trying to bend over backwards became too tiring. Distance is the best solution. Eventually, divorce made life so much better for all of us. We joke about our black sheep but often the debilitating effects are too negative. It is often said  we can pick our friends but not family! Blood is thicker than water. Like a broken engine, too much sludge is not a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. Every family does have its black sheep. I agree that distance or avoidance is the answer.

    ReplyDelete