Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 28, 2013

A SHORT WORK WEEK

My only thoughts today are focused on the fact that it is a short work week. As much as I love my job, having time away and nesting at home has its advantages. Being able to clean and putter and do some personal activities along with family time, helps me to renew some much needed energy to carry on with all the aspects of living. I would not want to be home all the time but there is a safety that home brings. With the urge to Spring clean and prepare for the warm weather that is coming-I think- being home for a few extra days helps to accomplish many tasks. I often think I would like to do 12 hour days so I could have more time off. My job, however, is not conducive to that time frame. Evenings could be spent with families but there is little work in the early hours. There is no opportunity to work from home-can not take patients away from the hospital! So it is the 5 day- Monday to Friday and the odd weekend crisis that entails the work I do. Ah-the short work week- like Adolph said this morning- no more sleeps the weekend is almost here!

1 comment:

  1. Start planning your retirement now! But, knowing you, you're probably got most of it planned already.

    ReplyDelete