Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 21, 2013

DISCIPLINE-A DIFFICULT HABIT

Discipline comes in many forms. Sometimes it is just the daily routines we set for ourselves that keep us going forward. Our job expectations make us do the work that needs to be done. So when does personal discipline become a virtue. The urge to procrastinate or just avoid tasks that are unpleasant comes into our consciousness. "I'll do that later!" " I don't feel like doing it now!" " I would rather take a nap!" My discipline is trying to write something on this blog every day. It is supposed to be one of those blogger rules. Like the Nike ad- Just do It! Other areas of my life like my work-do at least two new Social Work assessments every day take discipline. See the ongoing cases. Try to be nice to my colleagues! Being available for the grandchildren. Have patience with the grandchildren! Discipline gives us boundaries in our lives. Being a free spirit does not-more fun though! Discipline is actually boring. But boring does keep us on track! Many parts of our daily routines, let's face it are boring! Disciplined people work at being disciplined. Yes we probably are boring! So do you have discipline in your life? Do you care? Discipline allows me to try to stay grounded and not over react to everything. I am working on those areas where over reaction does occur! How about you? Give me your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. “Taking charge of your own learning is a part of taking charge of your life, which is the sine qua non in becoming an integrated person” (Warren G. Bennis).

    Somedays, I'm so self-disciplined that I'm able to have two naps instead of only one. It takes courage and modesty not to brag about this accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete