Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, March 1, 2013

MARCH MARCHED IN LIKE A LION

The beginning of March carries an optimism that winter is in its final moments. Even if it is cold and snowy, well, Spring is around the corner-really. However, there is a beauty to winter and the snow. On my walk to work yesterday, getting my feet wet trudging through snow with 2 inches of water underneath, I took in the beauty of the snow on the trees and fence. Wishing I had my camera to capture some photos for this blog. Snow on a chain link fence, I knew would be gone by noon was particularly pretty. Sometimes in the midst of life taking those moments to see the wonder around us keeps us in the present moment. Like picking up our grandsons at Day Care this week, with all the noise and activity of getting two children ready to leave, it was so pleasurable to be with healthy little children actively playing and having fun. After a day in the hospital where there can be so many sad stories, stopping and watching those little ones brought some joy. Whoever coined the phrase-stop and smell the roses had some real philosophical knowledge! So March, march in but help us to blend the season we are leaving and the one arriving! Remind us, we can enjoy and appreciate both, finding moments and time to look around us and reflect on what we see! Are you glad it is March? Are you tired of the winter? Or are you trying to pack in, one more day of skiing or skating? Honestly, I do not care about the month, I am just glad it is Friday!

1 comment:

  1. This weather nonsense makes me think of the word 'hope'. We hope a lot of good things will happen. We hope that spring will come soon.

    And, as so well said by Terri Guillemets (she has a website called the Quote Garden), "all it takes is one bloom of hope to make a spiritual garden".

    ReplyDelete