Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, March 13, 2013

IT'S NOT SPRING UNTIL YOU HEAR THE BIRDIES SING

A sure sign of Spring is the increased bird activity. On my way into work yesterday, it seemed that I was hearing song birds.  I tried to identify the bird high on the lamp post. I even noticed a flock of blackbirds in my yard over the weekend. However, on my walk home I saw not one but two robins. The red winged black bird in the field across from the library was loud. The noise level of the birds was a sure sign- well Spring is coming. The day was cool with snow on the ground but the birdies chirping and singing was noticeable. It gave renewed hope of the new season. Do you hear birds in your area? Perhaps just stop and listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment