Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, March 8, 2013

MARCH BREAK-SPRING IS HEADING OUR WAY

March Break occurs at different times in different parts of the country. In our area, it begins next week.The mass exodus from Pearson airport to sunny southern destinations such as Florida and Mexico has already started. Many people still drive to Windsor then cross over in the USA driving along #75, passing through many states to escape the Canadian winter cold. Adolph and I have done that drive a few times when the children were little. A break froms school is important for everyone, except working parents that may need to take time off work or make alternate babysitting arrangements, i.e. the ones that are not vacationing with their children. Why do I talk about a March break? Sometimes the monotony of work&home and home&work wears a person down! Why is it when the days are longer, just being outside for a time after work takes some of the pressure off? Breaks are nice. Change for awhile is good. Doing something different at a slower pace! Like sitting on the beach! Seeing all those travellers featured on the news gave me some pangs of wanting to go somewhere. Alas, perhaps just a jaunt around my snow filled garden looking for the first real sign of Spring- a bulb trying to pop its head up! Not yet! Glad I have pictures from last year to remind me! Are you heading anywhere south? Do you have March Break plans? Are you the backup babysitter?

1 comment:

  1. Only 2' of snow to melt before I'll see my crocuses. If the rabbits don't see them first. They plowed our cul-de-sac yesterday. It was nice to see the concrete of our street again. Spring is coming, to give us a break from a long, snowy winter.

    ReplyDelete