Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, January 27, 2013

A POSTCARD FROM AIR CANADA

2012 marked the 75th anniversary of Air Canada. It actually started out as Trans-Canada Airlines.
The postcards were free from flights taken. The airplanes are the DC-8 and the Vanguard.
Do you like the menu card? I think it was a time I travelled First Class. As an employee's child, our family travelled on a pass. If there were no seats in Economy class we were bumped to First Class. On a trip from London, England when I was 17, I travelled that way.
The two postcards feature the DC-8 with the new logo- Air Canada and a Boeing-767. Our Dad flew the DC-8 and the Stretch 8 before he retired in 1976 after 30 years with the airline. He had more flying hours from his duties in World War Two. He also had many hours on the DC-3 and Viscount during his years with the airline. Some people do not like to fly Air Canada for whatever reasons. I usually fly it on any flights in Canada. Since I knew many Air Canada pilots in my youth, I understand the dedication and experience needed to be a qualified pilot. Remember the responsibility! Every Captain, especially Captain Park and the First Officer were expected to get all the passengers and crew home safely! Whenever Dad would leave for a flight, it was good luck to say "Happy Landings!" So here's to Air Canada and Happy Landings!

1 comment: