Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, January 4, 2013

HEARTY WINTER SOUPS

As many people know my husband Adolph has a cooking/food blog. Of course, I type and take the photographs for it. It has been fun helping him with his posts. However, the best advantage is the smell of good food cooking and being able to enjoy his culinary delights. January- the month for soups! Soups are a good way to have some liquids, nutrition and to eat less calories! As much as I write about his cooking, he is sure appreciated in our family circle. One thing I have learnt, is watching someone cook and actually knowing what goes into the dish do not always coincide. When I draft a recipe for him, I have made mistakes as he tells me what has been left out of the recipe and the correct directions. It is like anthropology- observing a culture and knowing how to be from a culture are two different points of view!
So  the next time you enjoy some good food, thank the cook! I know I thank mine every day!

http://granpalovestocook.blogspot.com

1 comment: