Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, January 22, 2013

JANUARY BIRTHDAYS REFLECTIONS

You guessed it! Today is my birthday. A time to celebrate, to enjoy and to reflect! Taking a vacation week in January has been a tradition for the last few years. In the dead cold of a Canadian winter it is a great time to be away from work. This year- another staycation! Feeling blessed to be surrounded by family and friends! Good work colleagues- some who have celebrated or will be celebrating January birthdays! Remembering childhood birthdays- my mother always bought me new pyjamas on my birthday! My Dad would take me to a movie and a dinner at Frans- a restaurant on St. Clair Ave. near Yonge in Toronto. I could order the Shrimp Cocktail! Reading my horoscope and knowing who else was born on the day! Well my son-in-law Domi for sure! Thinking about those who can not celebrate another one! Wondering what I will accomplish in the next year. Dreaming about traveling somewhere that's on my bucket list! Hoping I will be around next year to celebrate another one regardless of the number on the cake! Glad I am not obsessed with my weight and actually enjoy a piece of cake! Working on writing projects as it brings joy to my soul! Finding photo opportunities to fill my amateur photographer need! Deciding to worry  less about my future and to enjoy the present moments- eating well, exercising my body and my brain and embracing the wrinkles on my face as a sign of the Wise Woman! Birthdays just gotta love them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Attitude is more important than temporal altitude. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete